**Content for Oncology (treatment) needed. Additional male-specific content needed
- The American College of Surgeons (ACS) Commission on Cancer has designated Wooster Community Hospital's Cancer Program as an Approved Program. Approved Programs are involved with prevention, early diagnosis, pretreatment evaluation, staging, optimal treatment, rehabilitation, and support services.
- Recognizing that cancer is a complex group of diseases, the Commission on Cancer Program Standards promote consultation among surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, diagnostic radiologists, pathologists, and other cancer specialists. This multidisciplinary cooperation results in improved patient care.
- One of the keys to the success for a Commission on Cancer Approved Cancer Program is that the hospital must provide state-of-the-art pretreatment evaluation, staging, treatment, and clinical follow-up for cancer patients seen at the facility for primary, secondary, or tertiary care.
The Nutrition & Diabetes Services Department offers nutrition education, medical nutrition therapy, and Diabetes Self-Management Education. Our qualified staff of nurse and dietitians provide support and guidance for a wide variety of nutritional needs.
The Endoscopy Unit is a specialized area where physicians involved in the care of gastrointestinal and pulmonary problems perform diagnostic procedures, such as a colonoscopy. Our specially trained endoscopy nursing staff is available at all times.
Wireless technology allows Wooster Community Hospital's Endoscopy Department personnel to measure the amount of acid in a patient's digestive tract and aid in diagnosing certain medical conditions.
The Bravo pH monitoring system is state-of-the-art and puts Wooster Community Hospital on the same level of much larger hospitals.
Wooster Community Hospital, orthopedic program has been recognized by the Joint Commission as a Center of Excellence. Whether you are a high school student athlete, weekend warrior or considering Joint Replacement, Wooster Community Hospital has teamed with local physicians and The Ohio State Medical Center to provide superior outcomes for all your orthopedic needs.
Our specialized and experienced staff of Physicians, Anesthesiologists, Nurses and Therapists are dedicated to providing the most personalized care for any of your orthopedic conditions or problems.
The Hyperbaric Medicine & Wound Healing Center is staffed with a unique team of specialists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The combined knowledge of our team members creates a multidisciplinary approach to wound management. We are dedicated to healing wounds that have not yet responded to treatment.
In addition to providing Wound Treatment, we also have two Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) Chambers, allowing us to provide HBO therapy to patients for whom it is appropriate.
For the benefit of our community, Wooster Community Hospital has developed a superior blood flow screening to identify potential risk factors associated with the onset of a stroke, peripheral arterial disease and abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Through our low cost blood flow screening, you can discover potential treatment before your health has been jeopardized. Screenings are done by professional staff employed by the hospital and live in this community. Results are sent to the patient within five working days. You do not need a doctor’s order for this test. Anyone can schedule this for themselves. The cost is $99/person. Ask about our Senior Partner discount.
Wooster Community Hospital offers general and diagnostic x-ray service on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. General X-rays are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the hospital; however, diagnostic studies require scheduling in advance.
General X-rays help to diagnose:
- Injuries to bones and joints such as fractures
- Diseases of the chest and abdomen, such as pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and abnormalities of the lungs, heart and large vessels
- Diagnostic X-rays are used in:
- Gastrointestinal Studies
- An upper GI series uses x rays to help diagnose problems of the upper GI tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, and the first part of the small intestine.
Urinary Studies to evaluate:
- Function of the bladder and other tissues
- Microbial infection and inflammation of the urinary tract
- Normal and abnormal development of the upper and lower urinary tract
The X-ray Department at the Milltown Professional Building is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for your convenience.
Colonoscopy procedures are done by Gastroenterologists and General Surgeons on staff at Wooster Community Hospital. Gastroenterology is a medical subspecialty concentrating on the digestive organs involving the stomach, bowels, liver, colon, and gallbladder. The Gastroenterologist treats conditions such as abdominal pain, ulcers, diarrhea, cancer and jaundice. Gastroenterologists perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures using lighted scopes to see internal organs.
The Imaging Services Department of Wooster Community Hospital provides diagnostic testing in all areas of Radiology. Each modality has state licensed and registered technologists. Our service area includes Wayne and surrounding counties, therefore we offer services at several locations for convenience. Our radiology services include:
- Diagnostic Radiology (XRays)
- MRI (Open and Closed)
- Digital Mammography
- CT Scans
- PET/CT Scans
- Bone Density
- Nuclear Medicine
**Additional male-specific content needed
Wooster Community Hospital offers a wide variety of surgical specialties because of the highly trained Anesthesiologists and Surgeons on our medical staff, including General/Vascular Surgeons, Urologists, Orthopedic Surgeons, Otolarngology/ENT Surgeons, Ophthalmologists, Podiatrists, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Oral/Maxillofacial Surgeons, and Obstetricians/Gynecologists.
Wooster Community Hospital now offers Robotic Assisted Surgery for certain procedures. Ask your surgeon if your procedure qualifies for Robotic Assisted Surgery, or for more information you may visit the link to the right.
When you choose to have your surgery at Wooster Community Hospital, you can be sure:
- You have highly trained professionals at your side.
- You have the latest in technology and equipment.
- You have the resources of the entire hospital available if needed.
- You have people trained to handle any emergency.
We take pride in the privilege of caring for you.