Our physical therapy team provides a wide variety of services and expertise in caring for acute and post surgical injuries, sports and orthopedic conditions as well as pediatric and geriatrics conditions. Our staff is comprised of board certified specialists, Doctorate degree and advance credentialed therapists. Many of our staff members have presented at national conferences, and we are very involved in the latest outcomes research.
Our Occupational Therapists provide services to individuals who have experienced a change in their ability to perform self-care, homemaking, work or leisure tasks due to neurological, orthopedic or other disease related processes. The therapists identify patient related goals following a thorough initial evaluation and develop an intensive individualized treatment program to meet these goals. Success in regaining lost skills means greater independence and an improved quality of life for both the patient and their loved ones.
Our Speech Pathologists provide quality services to those who are communicatively challenged. The members of our Speech Pathology Department are part of a highly qualified team of professionals, specially trained to help each patient reach his or her maximum potential in overall development, or recovery from a disease or illness such as a stroke, swallowing disorders, and many more.
The Wooster Community Hospital is located on the ground floor directly across from the central elevators. We are a full service pharmacy serving our community in a professional and caring way.
- Fast, accurate, and friendly service
- Little or no waiting in line
- Accepts ALL major insurance plans
- 24-hour online refill requests, or by phone
- Over the counter medications also available
- No Hassle Prescription Transfers
- Special, convenient 15 minute parking spots for the pharmacy
We are open Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM.
Wooster Community Hospital offers a wide variety of surgical specialties because of the highly trained Anesthesiologists and Surgeons on our medical staff, including General/Vascular Surgeons, Urologists, Orthopedic Surgeons, Otolarngology/ENT Surgeons, Ophthalmologists, Podiatrists, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons, Oral/Maxillofacial Surgeons, and Obstetricians/Gynecologists.
Wooster Community Hospital now offers Robotic Assisted Surgery for certain procedures. Ask your surgeon if your procedure qualifies for Robotic Assisted Surgery, or for more information you may visit the link to the right.
When you choose to have your surgery at Wooster Community Hospital, you can be sure:
- You have highly trained professionals at your side.
- You have the latest in technology and equipment.
- You have the resources of the entire hospital available if needed.
- You have people trained to handle any emergency.
We take pride in the privilege of caring for you.
The Endoscopy Unit is a specialized area where physicians involved in the care of gastrointestinal and pulmonary problems perform diagnostic procedures, such as a colonoscopy. Our specially trained endoscopy nursing staff is available at all times.
Wireless technology allows Wooster Community Hospital's Endoscopy Department personnel to measure the amount of acid in a patient's digestive tract and aid in diagnosing certain medical conditions.
The Bravo pH monitoring system is state-of-the-art and puts Wooster Community Hospital on the same level of much larger hospitals.
You want answers about your heart and cardiovascular system to be prompt and accurate. Here in The Heart Center at Wooster Community Hospital, comprehensive diagnostic testing provides your doctor with the information to treat you quickly and conveniently. The Heart Center’s professional clinical staff and Board Certified Cardiologists provide these cardiology services in a friendly, convenient and comfortable environment.
Wooster Community Hospital has been accredited as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. The Stroke Team at WCH rapidly evaluates and directs the treatment for all stroke patients. For patients who qualify, clot dissolving therapy can be administered within three hours of the stroke occurring.
A member of the stroke team is available 24 hours, 7 days a week to quickly assess patients and determine eligibility for available therapies. Always remember stroke is a medical emergency; time is the most important factor in the effective treatment of stroke; early recognition of symptoms and notifying 911 immediately is essential.
Stroke services include
- Multidisciplinary team members including highly specialized stroke experts.
- Fast stroke treatment time. Two million brain cells die each minute during a stroke.
- State-of-the-art procedures and technologies for the diagnosis of stroke.
- A full range of acute inpatient and aftercare services available for patients who have experienced a stroke.
- Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit offers special care and education programs for those who have experienced a stroke.
- Stroke Support Group
FAST Signs of Stroke
- F - Face -uneven smile/droop?
- A- Arms- one drift down?
- S- Speech- slurred or strange
- T-Time- Call 9-1-1 with signs of stroke