Patient-Family Advisory Council at Wooster Community Hospital
Wooster Community Hospital’s Patient and Family Advisory Council allows our patients and families to have direct input and influence on policies, programs, and practices at WCH.
Patient and Family Advisory Councils are grounded in the belief that often the most informed voices on the care team are those of the patient and family. Ultimately, only they can confirm whether a plan of care was explained thoroughly, care was tailored to their specific needs, systems worked efficiently and effectively, or their questions were appropriately addressed.
The purpose of the Patient and Family Advisory Council is:
- To improve patient satisfaction
- To provide patient-centered care
- To provide feedback on current systems and processes in the hospital
- To bring patients' needs and concerns to the health care team and leadership
- To guide our priorities and planning for the future
- To further enhance our relationship between the hospital and our community
Our goal is to incorporate the voice of our patients and families in the important decisions we make to provide your care. We are looking for people in the community who are interested in serving on our council and providing our health care team with constructive advice and feedback to improve our patients' experiences.
Membership consideration is based on the following criteria:
- Recent experience at the hospital (in the past year)
- Time availability to prepare for and attend regularly scheduled meetings
- Ability to make decisions by consensus and support council decisions
The Patient and Family Advisory Council serves in an advising capacity to assist Wooster Community Hospital Health System to promote the philosophy of patient- and family-centered care. The council is a working task force to help WCH develop and support programs and policies from a patient and family perspective.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our Patient and Family Advisory Council, apply today.
For more information about the WCH Patient-Family Advisory Council, contact us at (330) 263-8348.