At Wooster Community Hospital Social Services, we want to help eliminate barriers to getting you and your loved ones the health care you need.
Our social workers can help patients and their families navigate the myriad psychological, social, and financial problems that can arise when a family member or loved one requires medical treatment or hospitalization. Considered an integral member of your health care team, the contributions made by our social workers are felt long after a patient leaves the hospital.
WCH Social Services Wooster, OH
- Advocating for patients and connecting them to the services they need
- Child and adult protective care guidance
- Communicating with a patient’s entire health care team (doctors, nurses, family members)
- Counseling patients and their families, depending on their needs (with grieving, caregiver support, pregnancy, domestic violence, mental health, and more)
- Crisis intervention
- Financial aid guidance
- Advance Care Planning (information about living wills, medical power of attorneys, etc.)
- Referrals (for community resources, support groups, substance abuse treatment, hospice and palliative care, prescription assistance, etc.)
- Spiritual care arrangements
- State of Ohio Medicaid application assistance
To contact Wooster’s Social Services, call (330) 263-8417.
Social Workers at Wooster Community Hospital
Wooster Community Hospital Health Care System also offers RN case managers – nurses who can help with the coordination of your care and planning for discharge from the hospital. For more information, call (330) 263-8606 and request the Case Management Department.