Spine Surgery in Wooster, OH
If you need surgery to correct a problem with your spine or to resolve chronic neck or back pain – make sure you’re seeing the right kind of medical specialist.
At the Orthopaedic Center at Wooster Community Hospital (WCH), we have not one but three board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons who are committed to improving your quality of life and are ready to serve you. Now you can get the expert surgical care you need right here in Wooster; there’s no need to travel to Cleveland or Columbus.
Read one of most recent patient, "Darby Beuhler" who had a serve back pain but now is living life without back pain. Darbys Story
- Dr. Marcus Newton of WCH-affiliate Bloomington Orthopedic Specialists is an experienced surgeon that specializes in spinal reconstructive surgery of the neck and low back. Dr. Newton completed a competitive orthopedic surgery
internship at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio and completed several residencies in Texas, including the Texas Back Institute in Dallas where he focused on spinal procedures. He advanced his spinal expertise further at the University of Iowa, where he completed a fellowship in spinal reconstruction.
- Dr. Jeffrey Watts has recently joined the Wooster Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center orthopedic team. Dr. Watts received his bachelor of science degree from Youngstown State University and his doctorate in osteopathic medicine from the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed a fellowship in spine surgery at the Texas Back Institute in Dallas, Texas.
Spinal Conditions Our Experts Treat
Conditions our spine surgery experts treat include:
- Back pain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Fractures of vertebra due to osteoporosis or trauma
- Herniated discs
- Neck pain
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerve in spine)
- Spinal stenosis
- Strains and sprains
- Tumors and cysts
Your Treatment Options
We use the least-invasive methods possible to bring long-term relief of your symptoms. Many surgical options can now be performed in a minimally invasive manner – meaning less post-op pain, less scarring, and a faster recovery period for you.
Our treatments and services include minimally invasive therapies such as injection-based vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty to repair compression fractures due to osteoporosis or trauma to the spine. We also perform a wide range of spine surgeries, including discectomy, laminectomy, and other techniques that can relieve nerve compression and treat other spinal problems.
Which treatment is right for you will depend on a number of factors, including your medical or spinal condition, the severity of your symptoms, your overall health, as well as your personal treatment goals and preferences. The spine surgery professionals at WCH provide personalized medical care that’s best-suited for each individual patient.
In many cases, our spine surgery patients will follow up with physical therapy at WCH’s HealthPoint facility.
MEET THE SPINAL SURGEONS
Still have questions about the types of spine surgery our surgeons perform – or how they may help you? Call the Orthopaedic Center at Wooster Community Hospital at (330) 202-3420. We are located in Suite 5 at the HealthPoint facility at 3727 Friendsville Road in Wooster, Ohio.