Comprehensive Behavioral Health Services
The Path to Mental Health Wellness Can Begin with Us!
Our behavioral health programs are designed for those diagnosed with:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Other mental health issues
If you or someone you love is having difficulty coping with the daily struggles of depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues, Behavioral Health Services at Wooster Community Hospital may be able to help.
Behavioral Health Services offers two levels of outpatient treatment, both with access to a psychiatrist. A majority of our patients complete their psychiatric evaluation within 48 hours. The programs offered are called Partial Hospitalization (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient (IOP). Below is a continuum of the levels of care we offer for mental health treatment (our services are highlighted in red):
At the conclusion of treatment clients have reported:
- 92% reduction in suicidal thoughts
- 59% reduction in depression
- 56% reduction in anxiety
- 70% reduction in repetitive thoughts and behaviors
- 62% reduction in anger
Both programs offer the patient a personalized treatment plan that can include individual, couples, and family counseling. Each patient works closely with their treatment team to obtain their goals.
Your personalized treatment team consists of:
- Master’s level licensed clinician
- Psychiatric nurse
- Board-certified psychiatrist
Patients who enter either program will have a psychiatric evaluation by our psychiatrist. A majority of patients who enter the programs will be seen by a psychiatrist within 48 hours of admission.
During treatment in either program, staff will work with the patient’s established outpatient providers in an effort to coordinate and improve treatment outcomes.
Services provided include:
- Group therapy (facilitated by a licensed therapist)
- Individual and/or family counseling, as needed
- Medication management by a board-certified psychiatrist
- Interventions by the nursing staff
- Aftercare planning
Group topics include:
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Identifying coping skills
- Obstacles and barriers to mental wellness
- Emotions and behaviors
- Problem solving
- Crisis management and safety planning
- Improving self-esteem
- Healthy living
- Grief and loss
- Increasing self-awareness
- Illness management
- Education on numerous topics, including mental health diagnosis and medications
The programs allow patients to obtain the treatment needed during the day and return to the comfort and familiarity of their own homes in the evening. Lunch is served at the center. Transportation services can be arranged within Wayne County.
The programs serve adults 18 and older. Individuals with a variety of mental health diagnoses may qualify. However, clients must be cognitively and emotionally capable of participating in group therapy. Participants may not be actively homicidal or suicidal.
Not sure if our programs are right for you? Give us a call at (330) 263-8710 for a free program assessment. Our staff will at the Beall Professional Center can answer any questions that you have. You may also email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hear about the experiences of our patients in their own words.