The Wooster Community Hospital Auxiliary serves a critical role at WCH through its fundraising efforts, community programs, and recognition awards and events.
Find out more about the WCH Auxiliary programs offered to community members:
- Tree of Love - Purchase a fresh cut evergreen to honor/remember a friend or loved one. A plaque is included in the purchase of a tree and will accommodate up to three individual names. It’s been a WCHA tradition since the 1980s to display the trees on the WCH main campus during the month of December. Please join us in honoring our sponsors at a virtual tree lighting ceremony to be aired on MCTV Channel 22 on December 5, 6 and 7 at 12:00 (noon) and 3:00. Each sponsor will receive a link enabling them to view the ceremony throughout the month of December. Flash drives are available upon request. The ceremony will be to commemorate the honored friends and loved ones each tree represents. Make a difference by purchasing a tree this holiday season! All proceeds from the event support the following WCHA initiatives:
• Valet Parking for Patients/Families
• Free Transportation Service Vans
• Student Scholarships
• And, much more…
- Free Valet – Patients and visitors to WCH can enjoy free valet parking, thanks to the contributions from the WCH Auxiliary. It is available Monday through Friday, 6 am – 4 pm. For valet service, use the main entrance on Winter Street, travel down the main drive and leave your car under or near the main entrance carport. Exchange your keys for a valet slip. At the end of your visit, provide the valent with the slip and he/she will retrieve your vehicle.
- Medical Alert Device – A 24/7 personal emergency response system that allows you to live alone with confidence for a nominal monthly rental fee. Medical help from WCH health care professionals is only minutes away.
- Pet Pals – Emotional support therapy dogs make regular visits to various WCH departments, bringing love, friendship, and a ray of sunshine into the lives of hospitalized patients.
For more information about the WCH Auxiliary at Wooster Community Hospital, call (330) 263-8299.