The Wooster Community Hospital Auxiliary serves a critical role at WCH through its fundraising efforts, community programs, and recognition awards and events.
Find out more about the WCH Auxiliary programs offered to community members:
- Tree of Love - Purchase a fresh cut evergreen to honor/remember a friend or loved one. A plaque is included in the purchase of a tree and will accommodate up to three individual names. It’s been a WCHA tradition since the 1980s to display the trees on the WCH main campus during the month of December. There will be a Lighting of the Trees Ceremony on December 3rd at 6:00p in the WCH Outpatient Pavilion lobby. The ceremony will be to commemorate the honored friends and loved ones each tree represents. Make a difference by purchasing a tree this holiday season! All proceeds from the event support the following WCHA initiatives:
• Valet Parking for Patients/Families
• Free Transportation Service Vans
• Student Scholarships
• And, much more…
- Free Valet – Patients and visitors to WCH can enjoy free valet parking, thanks to the contributions from the WCH Auxiliary. It is available Monday through Friday, 6 am – 4 pm. For valet service, use the main entrance on Winter Street, travel down the main drive and leave your car under or near the main entrance carport. Exchange your keys for a valet slip. At the end of your visit, provide the valent with the slip and he/she will retrieve your vehicle.
- Medical Alert Device – A 24/7 personal emergency response system that allows you to live alone with confidence for a nominal monthly rental fee. Medical help from WCH health care professionals is only minutes away.
- Pet Pals – Emotional support therapy dogs make regular visits to various WCH departments, bringing love, friendship, and a ray of sunshine into the lives of hospitalized patients.
For more information about the WCH Auxiliary at Wooster Community Hospital, call (330) 263-8299.