Patients & Visitors at Wooster Community Hospital
Wooster Community Hospital remains vigilant in providing a safe environment for our patients and staff. As we continue to deal with the current public health crisis, visitor limitations remain in place. We appreciate your understanding as we work through this challenging time together.
- Outpatient Surgery or Procedure: 1 healthy support person permitted; 2 healthy parents (or guardians) permitted for minor patients < 18 years old
- Outpatient appointments and testing: 1 healthy support person permitted
- Emergency Department: 1 healthy support person permitted
- Transitional Care Unit (TCU): No regular visitation permitted
- Women’s Pavilion (WP): 1 healthy support person permitted
- MS2 Cohort: No regular visitation permitted; special circumstances may apply
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU): No regular visitation permitted; special circumstances may apply
- MedSurg 3, Progressive Care Unit (PCU), Inpatient Rehab unit: 1 healthy support person (must be same support person throughout stay)
- Entry at main entrance only
- Entry between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM
- Inpatient Rehab visitation hours 4:00PM – 8:00PM
- visitors for inpatient rehab must enter between 4:00 – 6:00PM
- Special circumstances may apply
- Pediatrics (minor patients < 18 years old): 2 healthy parents (or guardians) permitted
- To help keep us all safe, only 1 healthy visitor or support person will be permitted for the patient’s entire hospital stay.
- You will be screened at the main entrance of the hospital and your temperature will be checked daily- it must be under 100 degrees F to stay as a visitor.
- You will be prompted to use hand sanitizer and will be required to wear a mask at all times. We encourage you to bring a mask with you each time you visit the hospital.
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water after any direct contact with the patient, and after using the restroom.
- Avoid touching your face, near your eyes, mouth, and nose. If you do, please wash your hands right away for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Use the call light to ask for assistance- Please avoid roaming in the hall or coming out to the nurses’ station.
If You Are Unable to Visit
If you are unable to visit, Hospital staff will make every effort to connect with you regularly to discuss your loved one’s condition and needs. You are welcome to call the nursing unit for updates or you can contact the patient directly using their cell phone or their hospital room phone.
ICU (330) 263-8370
PCU (330) 202-5640
MS2 (330) 287-2740
MS3 (330) 287-2940
Emergency Department (330) 263-8444
Ambulatory Care (330) 263-8271
Women’s Pavilion (WP) (330) 202-5540
Transitional Care Unit (TCU) (330) 287-5900
Inpatient Rehab Unit (330) 263-8421
Hospital Operator may connect directly to patient's room (330) 263-8100
Wooster Community Hospital strives to exceed your expectations as a patient and to make visitors feel welcome. Browse the pages below for helpful information, and contact us at (330) 263-8144 if you have any questions or need assistance.
Nondiscrimination & Language Services
Online Bill Pay
Patient Portal – WCH eCare
Send a Card
Shop for a Gift
Patient Care & Privacy
- Breakfast: 7 am - 10 am
- Lunch: 11 am - 2:30 pm
- Visitors can dial 8192 to order off the patient menu and have food delivered directly to a patient’s room.
Subway Cafe Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 6 am - 9 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 7 am - 9 pm
Learn more about our dining options.