Mask Required to Enter Main Campus
Wooster Community Hospital remains vigilant in providing a safe environment for our patients and staff. As we continue to deal with the current public health crisis, below is our current visitor policy in place as of September 2021. We appreciate your understanding as we work through this challenging time together.
Monday - Friday: 4pm – 8pm
Saturday: 2pm – 8pm
Sunday: 11am – 8pm
- We are now allowing 1 support people. We are still only allowing one support person at a time for inpatient visitation. We are still not allowing children.
- We are allowing both parents at the same time for inpatient pediatric admissions.
- The only exception to this is OB. We are allowing 2 support people during labor only. The 2 support people may alternate visits after delivery.
- Medical/Surgical, Progressive Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit NON-COVID: 1 healthy support person for entire stay— Entry at main entrance only— Entry between 10a - 6p— Special circumstances may apply
- COVID Positive Patients (Any unit): Visitation only with special circumstances, visitors will be expected to follow appropriate infection control and prevention strategies as directed by hospital staff.
- Women’s Pavilion: 2 healthy support persons permitted (same 2 people for entirety of hospital stay). Both support people may be present throughout labor and recovery, but only one at a time may be present during the postpartum period.
- Transitional Care Unit (skilled nursing): 10A-6p. If patient is in quarantine, then compassionate care visits only.
- Inpatient Rehab Unit: 1 healthy support person permitted. Visiting hours are Monday-Friday from 4p-8p, Saturday and Sunday from 2p-8p.
Emergency Department Visits
- We are only allowing 1 support person in the ED at this time.
- Outpatient Surgery or Procedure: 1 healthy support person permitted. 2 healthy parents (or guardian) permitted for minor patients < 18 years old
- Outpatient Appointments and Testing: 1 healthy support person permitted
If You Are Unable to Visit
Hospital staff will make every effort to connect with you regularly to discuss your loved one’s condition and needs. You are welcome to call the nursing unit for updates or you can contact the patient directly using their cell phone or their hospital room phone.
ICU (330) 263-8370
PCU (330) 202-5640
MS2 (330) 287-2740
MS3 (330) 287-2940
Emergency Department (330) 263-8444
Ambulatory Care (330) 263-8271
Women’s Pavilion (WP) (330) 202-5540
Transitional Care Unit (TCU) (330) 287-5900
Inpatient Rehab Unit (330) 263-8421
Hospital Operator may connect directly to patient's room (330) 263-8100
How to call a patient directly (X, XX, XXX = last 1, 2, or 3 digits of room number):
Intensive Care Unit: (330) 287-270X
Transitional Care Unit (TCU): (330) 287-59XX
Progressive Care Unit (PCU): (330) 202-56XX
Women’s Pavilion: (330) 202-55XX
Med-Surg 2: (330) 287-27XX
Med-Surg 3: (330) 287-29XX
Inpatient Rehab: (330) 263-84XX