HealthPoint Physical Therapy
Physical Therapists in Wooster, OH
Whether you are experiencing joint pain or muscle weakness, or you are recovering from surgery, we can help you return to the active lifestyle you want to live.
The physical therapy team at HealthPoint provides a wide variety of services and expertise in caring for acute and sports-related injuries, postsurgical pain and immobility, and chronic orthopedic conditions as well as pediatric and geriatric conditions.
Our therapists have an exercise focus, supplemented with hands-on therapy, and will guide you through a plan designed to correct your particular injury and help prevent future injuries. At HealthPoint, you can expect a whole-body therapy experience that will direct you back to a healthy, pain-free way of life.
Our open gym layout allows us the freedom to carry out a multitude of dynamic strengthening exercises that will get you on the road to recovery in no time. In addition, our partitioned semiprivate and private rooms provide the opportunity for privacy if desired.
Physical therapy services available at HealthPoint include:
Radial Pulse Wave Therapy uses acoustic waves that generate oscillations in body tissue. These waves stimulate metabolic activity and the body's intrinsic healing mechanism. Effects of radial pulse waves include:
- Increased blood flow
- Ease pain
- Connective tissue activation
These can be very beneficial in chronic soft tissue inflammation, soft tissue damage, impaired vascularization and spasticity problems. There are very few side effects outside of possible bruising and temporary localized discomfort. This treatment is typically paired with other forms of manual therapy and specialized strengthening exercises to achieve maximal improvement.
- The radial pulse wave feels like a thumping sensation against your skin.
- It lasts about 10 minutes
- Treatments are weekly for approximately 4 weeks
- Plantar fasciitis heel pain
- Knee, shoulder and elbow pain
- Any condition involving chronic soft tissue inflammation may be able to BENEFIT from TREATMENT.
Our 25' x 15' pool features varying depth levels and is kept at a very comfortable 90 degrees. This combination of comfortable water temperature and buoyancy allows our patients to exercise with decreased stress on the joints.
The warm-water pool is an excellent way to strengthen and decrease pain in the low back, alleviate pain due to arthritic conditions, and work on balance and gait difficulties associated with neurological conditions.
Most insurance providers cover aquatic therapy. Ask your physician if our warm-water pool would be a good fit for you.
We offer comprehensive balance testing and training to individuals of all ages.
This program includes an objective assessment of balance, vision, dizziness, and strength as well as walking and movement tests. If necessary, our specialized Balance System SD can provide a detailed objective assessment of your sensory and voluntary balance control. HealthPoint physical therapists will use this information to create a customized program to help reduce the risk of falls and other balance problems.
Our therapists are specially trained to help people experiencing dizziness and related symptoms such as vertigo, headaches, nausea, visual floaters, and neck pain – all of which can significantly impact a person’s daily functioning.
Common causes of dizziness and balance disorders include:
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Inflammation of the inner ear (labyrinthitis or vestibular neuritis)
- Meniere’s disease
Many of these conditions are treatable with physical therapy.
Dry needling is a technique in which very thin needles are inserted into a trigger point (a knot of muscle tissue) to decrease pain and restore function.
It can help to alleviate chronic pain, muscle strains and sprains, osteoarthritis, bursitis, and headaches, among other conditions. It is also sometimes referred to as myofascial trigger point dry needling.
Among the many orthopedic conditions we provide physical therapy for are:
- Ankle Sprains
- Foot Pain
- Hip Injuries
- Osteo Arthritic Pain
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries. If you have an ACL injury or are recuperating from a surgical repair of an ACL injury, the physical therapists at HealthPoint can help. Our large, therapy-designated open area allows for individual care as well as dynamic sport-specific exercise. With several therapists well-versed in the treatment of ACL injuries, you can expect expert professional care to increase your strength and flexibility so that you can return to your usual sport or recreational activities as quickly as possible. You should anticipate getting plenty of personal attention with a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs and goals.
- Recovery from total joint replacement. Whether you recently underwent surgery to replace a knee or shoulder joint, we have the expertise and therapeutic equipment that can put you on the path to proper recovery.
- Rotator cuff injuries. Whether you experienced a shoulder strain or underwent surgical repair of the rotator cuff, we have the equipment and resources to help such as our Kinesis® pulley-guided resistance system. We can also create and provide guidance for personalized home exercise programs that include range of motion exercises.
Footwear that allows stable, biomechanically sound movement can make all the difference. This is true for patients of all ages and athletic abilities – whether you are a young, competitive athlete or older more sedentary adult who suffers from arthritis.
At HealthPoint, we specialize in the creation of custom orthotics to meet your every podiatric condition, from plantar fasciitis, flat feet, bunions, and leg length discrepancies, to simply tired feet.
The HealthPoint physical therapy staff works with infants through school-aged children to improve motor development, balance and coordination skills, and more. Any child whose motor development has been impacted by medical or environmental factors may benefit from physical therapy. We also provide physical therapy to infants and children with special needs.
Our goal in all cases is to partner with parents to help each child reach his or her maximum potential. Parents are encouraged to participate in the sessions when appropriate.
Therapy is typically provided in a play-based setting and is tailored to each child’s specific needs. We have pediatric treatment rooms stocked with toys and games – even a swing.
We also work with a variety of specialty services, including orthotic and medical equipment providers, who come to HealthPoint for added convenience. In addition, we can coordinate the services of occupational therapists and speech therapists should they be required.
Whether you are a weekend warrior or an outstanding athlete, HealthPoint’s rehabilitation staff has the athletic trainers, physical therapists, and exercise physiologists you need to treat your condition and get you back in the game.
The key to a quick recovery from a sports injury is an accurate diagnosis and acute treatment. Our therapists work closely with physicians, coaches, athletes, and patients to maximize rehab potential and injury prevention.
Have you or a loved one suffered a stroke or traumatic brain injury (TBI)? HealthPoint physical therapists can help you or your loved one regain independence.
Our therapists focus on total body strengthening, coordination, corrective movements, balance, and functional mobility, with a goal of returning you to your previous self. Whether we are teaching proper gait techniques, increasing stability, strengthening the core or lower extremities, you can expect to be challenged in order to help correct areas in need of improvement.
We can also recommend appropriate assistive devices if needed.
HealthPoint offers a video analysis for injury prevention and improved sports performance. Our physical therapists and athletic trainers use state-of-the-art video analysis software (Dartfish) to identify movement compensation that predisposes a patient to injury.
Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
The FMS is a standardized screening tool that is used to see how an athlete moves in every day life. The screen consists of seven fundamental movement patterns that are designed to place an individual in positions that highlight any deficits in their mobility, stability or motor control.
Even though athletes are performing their sports or activities at a high level, it has been observed that many of these same individuals have difficulty with fundamental movement patterns. This leads to compensations that are not ideal and need to be protected or corrected.
This screening process will guide your physical therapist in developing an individualized exercise program to keep you durable and help you to achieve your fitness, sports performance or return from injury goals.
Running Gait Analysis
Our physical therapists and athletic trainers use state-of-the-art video analysis software to observe running mechanics in slow motion and identify any deficits in an athletes ability to both absorb and generate force.
Some of the key metrics that we aim to quantify include:
- Ground contact time
- Stride length
- Vertical oscillation/bounce
Gaining a better understanding of these metrics will help you to make evidence based modifications to your running form that will help you to move, feel and perform better.
Video analysis can be used for:
- Injury prevention: Our therapists and trainers assess everyday functional movement patterns such as pushing, pulling, squatting, and walking to design individualized corrective exercise strategies to improve movement quality and decrease pain.
- Sports performance: Let our staff help you to return to your sport with confidence. Our therapists and trainers analyze your biomechanics using sport-specific movements such as running, jumping, overhead throwing, underhand throwing, baseball swings, and golf swings. Athletes receive an individualized exercise program to help them prevent injury and maximize their performance on the field or court.