WCH Oncology Patient Navigator
Here at Wooster Community Hospital, we understand how frustrating it can be to navigate the health care system when you have a disease as complex as cancer. We recognized a need for someone who could help cancer patients through the process and created the role of Oncology Patient Navigator.
Polly Johnson, our Oncology Patient Navigator, is available to help oncology patients and their family members overcome health care system barriers. She will be with you across the full continuum of cancer care services – from diagnosis through treatment and beyond – to create a seamless, patient-centered experience.
In this role, Polly can help:
- Explain your diagnosis and treatment options
- Facilitate timely access to medical care and providers
- Handle insurance questions
- Manage medical paperwork
- Communicate with your health care team
- Assist caregivers
- Connect you to available resources, both internal and external, including financial assistance and support groups
- Inform you about any available clinical trials you may qualify for
- Advocate for your rights and needs as a cancer patient
If you are a cancer patient or you have a loved one with cancer, we strongly encourage you and your family to take advantage of this valuable resource. For more information, contact Polly at (330) 202-5162 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Oncology Patient Navigator office is located in the outpatient pavilion of WCH’s main campus.