Wooster Community Hospital offers general and diagnostic x-ray service on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. General X-rays are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the hospital; however, diagnostic studies require scheduling in advance.
General X-rays help to diagnose:
- Injuries to bones and joints such as fractures
- Diseases of the chest and abdomen, such as pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and abnormalities of the lungs, heart and large vessels
Diagnostic X-rays are used in:
- Gastrointestinal Studies
- An upper GI series uses x rays to help diagnose problems of the upper GI tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, and the first part of the small intestine.
Urinary Studies to evaluate:
- Function of the bladder and other tissues
- Microbial infection and inflammation of the urinary tract
- Normal and abnormal development of the upper and lower urinary tract