Pediatric Summer Programs
Ideal for youngsters looking for fun during summer break
Are you the parent of a child between the ages of 3-14 years old who is challenged physically or socially? If so, we have a summer program bound to be perfect for you and your family!
All of our 6-week, all-inclusive programs are ideal for youngsters looking for fun during summer break. And parents can rest assured their little ones are safe and supervised and busy enjoying a wide variety of activities at HealthPoint’s pediatric summer programs.
- When: June 15 – July 30. (There will be no classes the week of July 4 - July 11)
- Cost: $300 for weekly sessions or $500 for biweekly sessions
- Deadline to Register: May 24
The cost may be covered by insurance if your child is currently undergoing physical, occupational, or speech therapy at HealthPoint or if your doctor feels the program may be appropriate for your child and is willing to write a prescription for it.
These summer classes are:
- A fun and interactive method of improving physical and social well-being in atypical children
- Led by speech therapists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists who work with children daily
- Appropriate for children who are the subject of mild concerns or who already receive these services during the school year and would like to continue them throughout the summer
Class options focus on social skills, pool-based strength and coordination, fun and crazy art, yoga, sound-it-out, and summer weight training and fitness.
Our pediatric summer programs include:
These one-hour classes focus on therapeutic exercises and activities for language and movement for children 3-9 years old in a fun group setting. At Team Camp, our speech therapists, occupational therapists, and physical therapists work as a team with your child. Activities designed to improve gross and fine motor skills are completed while using age-appropriate language concepts.
When: Tuesdays or Thursdays for two hour @ 9 am or 11 am (based on class needs)
Program director: Jenna Dean, DPT, Physical Therapist
This one-hour class is for children 5-6 years old who are entering first or second grade who struggle with pairing letters with sounds. The focus is on phonological awareness skills, including blending sounds together to read words as well as identifying placement in a word for each sound. Children taking this program will have access to books, crafts, and all sorts of fun and games.
When: Mondays, 1:00am - 2:00pm (Once per week)
Program director: Celsey Kane, OTR/L, Occupational Therapist