At Wooster Community Hospital, we have found that support groups provide an important source of emotional and psychological benefits for our patients, former patients and their friends and families.
Breast Cancer Support Group
- For all women who have experienced breast surgery
- Contact: Susan VanSickle, RN, 330.202.5192
Whit's End Community Place Support Group
Local support for caregivers and patients of cancer. Group meets the first Thursday of every month at 6:30pm in the hospital
auditorium. Contact: Sandy Kline 330.466.2707 or Cathy Ballinger 330.465.5325
Alzheimer’s Association Support Group
- A group that provides information for caregivers as well as current research developments
- Contact: Jen Miller 330.966.7343 or 1.800.272.3900.
Diabetic Support Group
- A support group for people with diabetes to learn, share ideas and help solve problems. Group meets 3rd Monday of each month at Wooster Community Hospital from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Contact: Diabetic Clinic and Nutrition Services Department at 330.263.8196.
Healing Hearts (Pregnancy Loss Support Group)
- A support group parents who have lost newborns or miscarried. Group meets 4th Monday of each month at the Wayne County Library from 6:15 PM - 7:30 PM
- Contact: Becky Yoder, R.N. 330.202.5548 or Krista Asher LISW-S, MSW 330.202.5191.
Multiple Sclerosis Support Group
- A support group for those newly diagnosed and living with Multiple Sclerosis. Meets at 7:00 p.m. on the 2nd Monday of each month at Wooster Community Hospital
- Contact: Pixie at 330.345.7374 or Ed and Tina 330.345.6647.
Ostomy Resource Information
- For individuals who wish to engage in a discussion regarding any surgically created opening in the body for the discharge of body wastes
- Contact: Susan VanSickle, RN, 330.263.8631.
Step by Step Stroke Club
- A support group for stroke survivors and their family to share ideas and help solve problems that occur after a stroke. Group meets the second Tuesday of each month at Wooster Community Hospital from 1:00 PM - 3:00PM in the South Auditorium.
- Contact Sherry Atanasov 330.263.8417