Telehealth (WCH TodayCare)
Download our app and see a physician now! WCH TodayCare provides you with 24/7 access to a qualified health care provider from the comfort of your own home or office by using a computer or mobile device.
We understand that getting sick is not convenient, but your care should be, whether you are at home or on the go. WCH TodayCare is providing you with access to a health care provider 24/7 for nonemergency medical issues. We can work around your schedule to accommodate you with the best possible health care.
How Telemedicine Works
- DOWNLOAD APP: To get started, simply go to the App Store or Google Play and search WCH TodayCare, or use the direct links provided below. Download the app to your device.
- ENROLL: Creating an account is easy and only takes a few steps. Go into the app and click Enroll Now. All of your information will be securely stored for future virtual visits.
- DESCRIBE SYMPTOMS: You will need to answer a few questions about yourself to help our health care providers better understand your symptoms.
- CHOOSE A DOCTOR: Choose a doctor that works best for you. To help you in your decision-making process, we will provide you with the participating doctor’s profile, including credentials and photo. After you choose a doctor, you’ll be placed in a short waiting virtual area.
- JOIN THE VISIT: Once your provider becomes available you will be invited to join the visit. Our web-based and mobile app use high-quality video streaming.
WCH TodayCare Rates:
- Urgent Care: $49 per visit
- Behavioral Health: Rate is specific to the provider you select
- Nutrition Services: $25 per 15-minute visit for dietitians
- Breastfeeding Help: $75 for an hour-long visit
WCH Health System is excited to offer you this convenient service. We look forward to bringing more options to WCH TodayCare in the future.
If you experience any technical difficulties during your visit please call our toll-free line at (855) 635-1392.
FAQs About Telehealth
Not all WCH active staff doctors are currently participating in virtual visits, but they are all qualified doctors within the Wooster Community Hospital Health System. You will be able to see each doctor’s qualifications, so you can choose the doctor you feel best meets your needs.
Visits typically vary just as if you were in the doctor’s office. Since they are nonemergency issues, the visits tend to last about 15 minutes. However, as different practices are added to WCH TodayCare, each practice will specify how long each appointment will take.
Patients are typically very satisfied with the care they receive through online visits. The physician will have a series of questions that he or she will ask you and sometimes you will have to help the physician evaluate you.
For example, if you are calling in because of a headache, the physician may ask if you have any numbness, difficulty moving your neck, and so on, to see if your issue might be something that needs to be seen in person. Physicians are allowed to prescribe medication through virtual visits.
Employers and health plans are adding teleheath as a benefit. When you enter your insurance information during enrollment you can see if you qualify. For verification you should check your own insurance plan. Documentation will be provided to submit to your insurance or health care company.