WCH Laboratory Tests
Full-Service Lab Testing
The lab at Wooster Community Hospital is a full-service, state-of-the-art laboratory that performs more than a million individual test determinations each year on hospitalized and ER patients, nursing home patients, and patients visiting the hospital on an outpatient basis.
Routine and emergency lab testing are performed on a 24-hour basis in chemistry, hematology, microbiology, transfusion services, and anatomic pathology. Fingerstick PT/INR (prothrombin time/international normalized ratio) testing is available in lieu of a standard blood draw.
Hours & Locations
Outpatient specimen collection labs are available on the Wooster Community Hospital main campus and at the Milltown Professional Building.
- Main Campus – Outpatient Ground Floor of East Building
- Monday – Friday: 6 am – 5 pm
- Saturday: 7 am – 12 noon
- Milltown Professional Building – 1st Floor
- Monday – Friday: 7 am – 5 pm
The WCH lab is licensed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and accredited by the College of American Pathologists:
- WCH Certificate of Accreditation
- WCH Laboratory Services Specimen Collection Manual
- WCH Pathology/Cytology Services Specimen Collection Manual
Lab services for emergency and inpatient care are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at the hospital.