WCH Surgical Associates
WCH Surgical Associates uses the latest technology, equipment, and techniques, including access to the entire WCH Health System resources, if needed. We are committed to providing excellent, quality care for all your surgical needs.
WCH Surgical Associates is part of Bloomington Medical Services, an affiliate of Wooster Community Hospital Health System.
Certain procedures may be eligible for robotic-assisted surgery, ask your surgeon if our procedure qualifies, or if you want more information.
Self-Pay Package Pricing
If you are self-pay or have a high deductible, we can help. Please contact us to discuss package price discounts for services at WCH, call (330)263-8158.
Procedures performed by WCH Surgical Associates include:
- Appendix removal
- Breast biopsy and surgery for benign and malignant breast disease
- Upper and lower endoscopies
- Esophageal reflux surgery
- Excision of cysts, masses and skin lesions
- Endocrine surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Hemorrhoid treatment/surgery
- Repair of hernias of the groin, umbilicus and abdominal wall
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Surgery for cancers of the large and small bowel
- Thyroid biopsy and surgery
- Vascular port/dialysis catheter placement
- Surgery for carotid stenosis
- Creation and management of arteriovenous fistula for renal dialysis
- Surgical intervention for peripheral arterial disease
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms repair
If you are at increased risk for colorectal cancer, you may need to begin screening earlier and be screened more often. Risk factors include:
- Family history of colorectal cancer
- Personal history of colorectal cancer or certain types of polyps
- Personal history of inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease)
- Prior history of radiation to the abdomen or pelvic area to treat a prior cancer
If you have any of these risk factors, it’s critically important to schedule a screening colonoscopy. No referral is necessary to receive a screening – all you need to do is call us to schedule one at 330) 202-5686.
"This surgeon is very good. He's nice funny. He explained step by step during my biopsy. Great doctor! Deserves a 5/5!"
"Excellent care and felt comfortable with Dr.Robotham"
"Dr.Bortz is great! He really (and I mean really) listens to you as a patient. He goes over any and all concerns that you may have. When I see him he takes the time to help me to understand everything that is going on. I see a LOT of doctors. I have a lot of medical conditions. He is one of the best docs that I have. Highly recommend!"
Minimally Invasive Procedure Cures Five Years of Pain
Rhianna Dixon struggled with pain for “at least five years” before receiving a hernia diagnosis. Previous providers had diagnosed her with gallbladder problems and then fibroids, but her pain kept getting worse.
“I couldn’t stand for more than 10 minutes before having to sit down,” Rhianna says. A new OB/GYN suggested she talk to a surgeon, so she met with Anthony Calabretta, MD, of WCH Surgical Associates.
“I had never had a surgery before, and I was scared, but the pain and interruption of my life was so much that I considered it,” she says. After Dr. Calabretta diagnosed her hernia, he explained her options. He was “very matter-of-fact, I appreciated his confidence and how he communicated possible solutions,” she says.
In April, Rhianna received a robotic-assisted laparoscopic ventral hernia repair with mesh at Wooster Community Hospital. The staff were “attentive” and “kind,” she says. After a “pretty quick” surgery and recovery, she had very little scarring. While she had to limit her activities for about six weeks after the procedure, she is now back to normal and “completely pain-free.”
“With robotic surgery, we are able to repair a variety of hernia types and sizes in a minimally invasive fashion with less pain, providing quicker return to normal activity,” Dr. Calabretta says.
“All of the problems that I had before are gone,” Rhianna says. “Sharing my story, is kind of like a public thank you note to Dr. Calabretta.”
Meet the Surgical Providers
- MichaelBortzMDGeneral Surgery - Robotic Assisted SurgeryEndocrine SurgeryWoosterLearn More
- AnthonyCalabrettaMDGeneral SurgeryRobotic Assisted SurgeryWoosterLearn More
- RobertCebulMDGeneral SurgeryVascular SurgeryWoosterLearn More
- TameraRobothamMDGeneral SurgeryWoosterLearn More
- AmandaGriffithPA-CGeneral SurgeryWoosterLearn More
WCH Surgical Associates is located in the outpatient pavilion of WCH’s main campus.
1761 Beall Avenue, Suite 102
Wooster, OH 44691
“It was so convenient to be able to do everything in Wooster,” said Susan Lehman. “If I had needed to drive somewhere else it would’ve been so much more difficult.”
Keep up with the latest developments in health care, as well as news about Wooster Community Hospital and events we sponsor.