Cardiovascular disease is called “the silent killer.” That’s because many people do not experience the symptoms of cardiovascular disease until a heart attack occurs. Nevertheless, the American Heart Association estimates that a shocking 12.5 million Americans currently have one or more forms of cardiovascular disease, which makes it the leading cause of death for both men and women.
Fortunately, if you live in Wooster, Ohio, or its surrounding areas, you have access to outstanding diagnostic testing and treatment at the Cardiovascular Institute at Wooster Community Hospital.
The Best Cardiovascular Care
The Cardiovascular Institute at Wooster Community Hospital is supported by board-certified cardiologists and professional clinical staff whose goal is to have a positive impact on the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease in the community.
Among the Institute’s comprehensive services are:
- Diagnostic Cardiac Testing – This includes an angiogram and venogram, electrocardiogram (EKG), stress tests, nuclear stress tests, echocardiogram (ECG), transesophageal echocardiogram, and calcium score tests. It also includes cardiac catheterization, a procedure to view the heart and blood vessels, and external counterpulsation (EP) therapy, a nonsurgical method to treat blocked arteries.
- Heart CT Scan–A computed tomography (CT) scan that records detailed images of the heart and blood vessels without the need for catheterization.
- Interventional Cardiology– This includes angioplasty (using a balloon to stretch open a narrowed or blocked artery) and stenting (a minimally invasive procedure in which a metal or plastic tube is inserted to keep a blood vessel open), as well as cardiac catheterization.
- Implantable Devices–These include pacemakers and cardioverter-defibrillators to help the heartbeat in a regular rhythm.
- Vascular Lab and Blood Flow Screening– The Cardiovascular Institute provides blood flow evaluations of the veins and arteries of the legs, arms, and neck using ultrasound and Doppler equipment that produces images of blood vessels, as well as blood flow information.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation – Using supervised exercise and education, our three-phase cardiac rehabilitation program (inpatient, monitored outpatient, and maintenance) helps patients with heart disease once again enjoy the activities they consider important to their high quality of life.
Cardiovascular Disease Treatment Near You in Wooster, Ohio
Accredited by the American College of Cardiology, The Cardiovascular Institute at Wooster Community Hospital offers its patients a competitive advantage through its enhanced reputation for delivering the highest quality cardiovascular care. That means better care, better communication, better prognoses, faster treatment, and a better quality of life.
We offer lifesaving, 24/7 interventional cardiology procedures performed by highly trained and experienced cardiologists that enable patients to be treated promptly in their hometown with no need to be transferred to another facility. In addition to heart catheterizations, pacemakers, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs), and cardioversions, our physicians also perform:
- Aortic aneurysm repairs
- Cava filter placement and retrieval
- Clot removal
- Dialysis fistula repair
- Peripheral balloon angioplasty and stent placement
- Plaque removal from the arteries
For more information about cardiovascular disease treatment available at The Cardiovascular Institute at Wooster Community Hospital, contact us today at (330) 263-8282.