There’s more to being healthy than just eating right, getting enough sleep, and visiting your primary doctor regularly. Staying active – physically, mentally, and socially – is also an important part of achieving and maintaining optimal wellness.
Here in Wooster, Ohio, there’s a place where you can go to keep in the best physical and mental condition throughout your life: the HealthPoint Wellness Center. At Wooster Community Hospital’s state-of-the-art health and wellness facility, located in the HealthPoint building, members of all ages can come to take advantage of its many health-enhancing benefits.
WHAT YOU’LL FIND AT HEALTHPOINT WELLNESS CENTER
Members of the HealthPoint Wellness Center have access to a host of amenities that include a spacious gym area, a heated pool, a free weight area, and a studio that accommodates large and small exercise and fitness classes.
In addition, the wellness center offers:
- Personal training – Whether you are looking to lose weight, strengthen your muscles, prepare for an athletic competition, or achieve greater results from your regular workout regimen, the highly qualified and helpful staff at HealthPoint Wellness Center can guide and motivate you toward reaching your goals with individual or group training tailored to your individual needs.
In fact, some personal training programs allow you to improve your speed, agility, strength, and overall ability alongside a friend or family member.
- Athletic training – Special 30- or 60-minute sports performance sessions are conducted by a professional coach and include progressively challenging drills and exercises specific to your sport and focused on intensity and form. There is even a sports performance lab at the HealthPoint facility where you can have your current physical abilities analyzed in order to develop training goals and improve your athletic performance.
What’s more, our high-tech equipment includes tools used to measure:
- Your aerobic capacity – The rate at which oxygen can be used by your heart, lungs, and muscles (VO2 Max). Identifying and improving your level of VO2 max is a great way to measure your cardiovascular fitness and aerobic endurance.
- Your lactate threshold – Knowing how quickly lactate accumulates in your muscles and blood, affecting your aerobic capacity, can help you develop training zones that maximize the effects of your training and improve your athletic performance.
- Any movement or muscle-activity abnormalities via video gait analysis. This enables our athletic trainers to develop a custom-designed program to improve your sports performance.
- Massage therapy – The certified massage therapists at the HealthPoint Wellness Center specialize in hands-on techniques that are designed to relieve stress and help treat sports-related injuries. In addition to improving your athletic performance or simply relieving tense joints and muscles, our therapists can provide relief from symptoms associated with anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Massage therapy also provides therapeutic effects for back or neck pain and other types of chronic pain.
WELLNESS HEALTH CENTER IN WOOSTER, OHIO
At Wooster Community Hospital’s HealthPoint Wellness Center, our mission is to have a positive impact on the well-being of everyone in our community by helping them improve and maintain their health proactively. Our wellness center is just one of the effective ways we can meet this objective.
To find out how you can become a member of the HealthPoint Health and Wellness program and enjoy all the benefits of our facility, call us today at (330) 202-3318. We look forward to seeing you and helping you succeed on your journey to optimal health and wellness!