There are many medical options – both surgical and nonsurgical – when it comes to treating painful back, neck, joint, and muscle conditions. However, if you prefer a more hands-on healing approach to musculoskeletal disorders, you may want to choose chiropractic care.
A chiropractor is specially trained in numerous techniques for the spine, joint, and muscle health problems related to disease, injury, or certain medical conditions and can recommend an effective treatment for your specific needs.
So, how do you find a quality chiropractor close to home? Here are some tips:
- Start by getting reliable referrals. Ask your primary care physician (PCP) for a referral list of local chiropractors. Also, check with family, friends, neighbors, or coworkers who have experience with chiropractic care. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find a trustworthy chiropractor. From there, you can narrow down the list to specialists with whom you feel most comfortable.
- Next, check the chiropractor’s credentials. Only consider a licensed chiropractor who has the necessary experience, training, and skills required for the job. Focus on the medical school the chiropractor attended, which hospital they received training in, and what certifications they hold. An online search will verify if the chiropractor you are considering is licensed according to your state’s standards. It will also reveal whether or not the chiropractor has a history of malpractice claims or disciplinary actions.
- Weigh the chiropractor’s level of experience. It is critically important that the local chiropractor you are considering has extensive experience dealing with spine and/or musculoskeletal issues. In fact, the more experienced they are in dealing with your specific condition, the more likely they will be satisfied with the results of treatment. Arrange a consultation with the potential chiropractor and ask key questions, such as:
- How many patients with your specific condition has the chiropractor treated?
- Do you need one or more specific types of procedures or treatments?
- What complications, if any, has the chiropractor encountered with the specific procedure?
- What is your risk of complications?
- Read any past patient testimonials available online. Note what they have to say not only about the chiropractor but also about dealing with the doctor’s staff and office conditions.
- Make sure you are comfortable interacting with your chosen chiropractor. With any healthcare provider, communication is important. You need to feel confident in openly and honestly discussing personal information. Choose a chiropractor who shows an interest in your concerns, supports your need for information, responds frankly and informatively to your questions, and respects your decision-making process.
- Verify that the chiropractor you are considering accepts your insurance. Your insurance company should provide a list of chiropractors within their group, making it easier for you to narrow down your search for an affordable local chiropractor. If you must pay a deductible or other out-of-pocket fees, find out what the costs are beforehand.
During your first visit to your chosen chiropractor, they will likely perform a thorough examination, review your medical and family history, and ask about your current medications and treatments you are receiving. If you are being treated for another condition, the chiropractor may consult with your medical doctor or other specialists before proceeding with chiropractic care. Their goal is to help you recover as swiftly as possible without resorting to medications or painful surgeries.
The chiropractor may use a wide range of techniques and therapies in their treatment plan. Depending on your specific problem, they may recommend lifestyle changes, such as diet, exercise routines you can perform at home, and/or physical or massage therapy, all in an effort to alleviate your painful condition.
Chiropractor Near Me In Wooster, Ohio
In seeking a local chiropractor, you need to look no further than Wooster Community Hospital’s outpatient wellness facility, where chiropractic medicine is now a part of HealthPoint’s comprehensive menu of services.
Under the supervision of Dr. Katie Dossi, we offer chiropractic treatments for a wide range of issues, including:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Spinal/extremity adjustments
- Pediatric adjustments
- Prenatal adjustments (Webster technique)
To learn about the chiropractic services offered at HealthPoint, Wooster Community Hospital’s outpatient facility, call us today at (330) 202-2225.